Diabetes Prevention Program (DDP)
Ready Set, Go!
Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)- A 12 month program structured to teach participants to learn about their current health status and implement a healthier lifestyle with the goal of preventing diabetes.
- 18- 64 years of age
- No diabetes
- High Blood pressue
- Large waist measurement
- Abnormal blood fat levels
- Take part in a Lifestyle change program to help prevent diabetes and lower risk for heart disease
- Learn about healthy eating to safely lose weight
- Slowly and safely increase physical activity
- Learn how to problem solve and stay motivated
Location: Hope Family Health Center
2332 Jordan Rd., McAllen, TX 78503
(T) 956-994-3319 (F) 956-971-9377
Strengthening Families Through Mind, Body & Spirit
For more information, contact Terry Segura, Transitional Nurse or Laura Martinez, Medical Coordinator at (956) 994-3319.