About Laughter Yoga
Laughter Yoga was started in 1995 by a medical doctor, Dr. Madan Kataria, from India with just five people in a Mumbai Park. It is fast sweeping the world and today there are thousands of laughter clubs in more than 65 countries. Laughter Yoga combines laughter exercises with yoga breathing which brings in more oxygen to the body and brain making one feel more energetic and healthy. Anyone can laugh without relying on humor, jokes and comedy. Laughter is simulated as a body exercise in a group but with eye contact and childlike playfulness it turns into real and contagious laughter. It is based on the scientific fact that the body cannot tell the difference between fake and real laughter and one gets the same health benefits.
- Health Benefits (reduces stress hormones)
- Personal Life (endorphins are released, making you feel better)
- Business life (enhances self-confidence & communication skills)
- Social Life (provides a sense of emotional security)
- Laughing in the Face of Challenges (positive mental attitude)
Laughter Yoga at HOPE
This unique exercise developed by Indian physician Dr. Madan Kataria and supported by his wife Madhuri. This exercise is a yoga breathing (Pranayama) technique which allows more oxygen to the body and brain allowing the participant feel more energetic and healthy. Anyone can laugh without relying on humor, jokes and comedy. Laughter is simulated as a body exercise in a group but with eye contact and childlike playfulness it turns into real and contagious laughter. It is based on the scientific fact that the body cannot tell the difference between fake and real laughter and one gets the same health benefits.
HOPE offers Laughter Yoga class once a month. Please refer to the calendar of events in tab above (News & Events). Please call our office to confirm your attendance Laughter Yoga class.
Why Laughter Yoga- 3 Reasons
- In order to get the scientifically proven health benefits of laughter, we need to laugh continuously for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Since in Laughter Yoga we do laughter as an exercise, we can prolong our laughter as long as we want. On the other hand, natural laughter comes for just a few seconds here and there and is not enough to bring about physiological and biochemical changes in our body.
- To reap the health benefits of laughter, laughter has to be loud and deep coming from the diaphragm. It should be a belly laugh. It might not be socially acceptable to laugh loudly, but Laughter Yoga clubs provide a safe environment where one can laugh loudly and heartily without any social implication.
- Natural laughter that courses through our life depends upon many reasons and conditions, but there are not many reasons which make us laugh. That means we are leaving laughter to chance, it may happen it may not. In contrast, in Laughter Yoga club we are not leaving laughter to chance, but doing it out of commitment. This is a guaranteed way of getting the health benefits of laughter.
Laughter Yoga in the Community
Location 45-60 Minute Session
Non-Profit 501 (c) 3 Organizations- $75.00
Private Parties- $100.00
Conferences/ Special Events $500.00 for whole day (plus travel, lodging and meals)
$250.00 for half day (plus travel, lodging and meals)
School/College/ University Events $300.00 per day (plus travel, lodging and meals)
except for schools/conferences in Hidalgo County
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Roxanne Pacheco, LMSW, CLYL (Certified Laughter Yoga Leader), at (956)-994-3319 or at email@example.com.