What are Peer Support Services?
Peer Support Services provide an opportunity for people who have achieved significant recovery to assist others in their recovery journeys. It is based on people helping and supporting each other as equals, sharing their personal stories, discovering, learning and growing together with a main goal of finding a new sense of self, meaning, value and purpose in life.
Principles of Peer Support:
- Sharing with Safety and Trust
- Focus on Strengths and Potential
- Being Yourself
Benefits of Peer Support Services:
- Increased Self-Confidence
- The Development and Sharing of Skills
- Improved Mental Health and Well-Being
For more information about Peer Support, please contact Elsa Roman at (956) 994-3319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.